in association with Crystal Palace FC
- This is an advanced coaching programme offering extensive support for players aged 7-13 years old.
- Based at St. Colman’s College astroturf , Newry, Co.Down
- It covers the key areas of technical, tactical, physical and psychological development.
- There will also be positional specific play using 7v7, 8V8 and 9V9 game formats.
- It is managed by Jim Lowther(former player development advisor at Crystal Palace FC).
- To gain entry to the Soccer Steps Advanced Academy, each player is required to complete a practical trial that has been developed to test each individual’s ability. Players may also be invited after coaching staff observed them play club or representative football.
- The content of these sessions mirrors the work carried out by Academies in England. There will also be guest visits by staff from Crystal Palace FC.
- There will also be workshops delivered by sports professionals and practical sessions on sport psychology, nutrition, strength and conditioning, match analysis.
- All players will be provided with systematic feedback on their progress throughout the season.
- There will be an end of season trip to a tournament to play players of similar ability.
- This programme is running from September 2019-June 2020. Each session is 90 mins long.
- Over 45 players currently take part and they were selected through trials.
- For information regarding trials, then email or call Jim Lowther